The transfer window so far so good has been a very busy and interesting one with clubs across the European leagues haggling buys and sales of players in an ever increasingly over bloated market; while Man Utd’s pursuit of Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata failed they got Lukaku instead, Arsenal and Mr. Wenger are finally spending as shown by their huge investment on Alexandre Lacazette, suffice to say that the revelation of the summer so far has been the movement of the acclaimed world best defender Leonardo Bonucci from Juve to AC milan .
What is the transfer window all about? Simply put, it is a time within a season cycle when clubs can transfer players from clubs within their leagues and other countries. Accordingly, a transfer is deemed complete after it has been ratified and certified by the world football governing body FIFA more so, FIFA allows the various national leagues to determine their dates of transfer window provided it doesn’t exceed 12weeks period. While it also allows for another window to be opened within the season (Winter transfer window), but may not go beyond 5weeks. Nonetheless, clubs can put in for emergency transfers anytime during the season; they are permitted by their national league controlling bodies to act so, particularly for goalkeepers in the case of injuries and shortage of personnel. It is important to note that players who are out of contracts can be transferred at anytime provided that they have been released by their former clubs. FIFA transfer restrictions does not count for teams in the lower divisions.
Further, the present ongoing transfer window is called the Summer window transfer (unofficially), but officially called Registration Period according to FIFA. So far so good in this window a lot has transpired, put differently as it is avowed in the local parlance; a lots of water has passed under the bridge. Big transfers across Europe have sailed through amidst others still in the realm of limbo or rumors. Be that as it may, it is beginning to look very exciting and we can expect a very competitive season ahead. In the next sub topic i shall discuss randomly the successful transfers thus far.
SO FAR SO GOOD:
No doubt the biggest transfer in this window yet is the 75 millions Pounds sterling transfer of ROMELU LUKAKU from Everton to Manchester United, possibly rising to a world record fee of 90 millions pounds. Over at the peninsula of Italy, the 42millions Euros transfer of LEONARDO BONUCCI from Juventus to AC Milan is done deal. MOHAMED SALAH has since moved from AS Roma to Liverpool for 42 millions Euros, KYLE WALKER is the most expensive defender in the world with his transfer from Tottenham Hotspur to Man City for a initial fee of 54 millions Pounds. ALEXANDRE LACAZETTE has been transferred from Lyon to Arsenal for 53 millions Euros, BERNARDO SILVA has joined Man City from Monaco for 50 millions Euros, while Benfica goalkeeper, EDERSON has moved to Man City for 35 millions Pounds.
- VICTOR LINDELOF from Benfica – Manchester Utd – 31 millions Pounds
- ANTONIO RUDIGER from AS Roma – Chelsea – 35 millions Euros
- TIEMOUE BAKAYOKO from Monaco – Chelsea – 40 millions Pounds
- NELSON SEMEDO from Benfica to Barcelona – 30.5 millions Euros
- DAVY KLAASSEN from Ajax to Everton – 27 millions Euros
- THEO HERNANDEZ from Atlethico Madrid – Real Madrid- 30 millions Euros
- JORDAN PICKFORD from Sunderland – Everton -28.5 millions Euros
- SERGE GNABRY from Werder Bremen – Bayern Munich – Free
- DANI ALVES – Juventus – Paris St-Germain – Free
- ADNAN JANUZAJ – Manchester United – Real Sociedad – £9.8m
- STEVE MANDANDA – Crystal Palace – Marseille -Undisclosed
- JAMES RODRIGUEZ -Real Madrid – Bayern Munich-Loan
- MARIO SUAREZ -Watford – Guizhou Hengfeng Zhicheng FC- Undisclosed
- RON-ROBERT ZIELER – Leicester – Stuttgart – Undisclosed
- WAYNE ROONEY – Manchester United – Everton – Free
- VINCEN IBORRA – Sevilla – Leicester – Undisclosed-(reported £10.5m)
- ROQUE MESA – Las Palmas – Swansea – £11m
- MATTHIAS GINTER- Borussia Dortmund – Borussia Monchengladbach – Undisclosed (reported £14.9m)
- TERENCE KONGOLO – Feyenoord – Monaco – Undisclosed (reported £11.4m)
- LUIZ GUSTAVO – Wolfsburg – Marseille – Undisclosed – (reported £7m)
- MICHAEL KEANE – Burnley – Everton – Potentially rising to £30m
- SANDRO RAMIREZ – Malaga – Everton – £5.2m
- NEMANJA MATIC- Chelsea – Manchester United – £40m
- ALVARO MORATA – Real Madrid – Chelsea – £71m
- KELECHI IHEANACHO – Manchester City – Leicester – £25m
- SIMON KJAER – Fenerbache – Sevilla – €12.5m
- NEYMAR JR. – Barcelona – PSG – €222m
- MATIAS VECINO – Fiorentina – Inter Milan – €24m
More to follow shortly.